At 41 years old, Mississippi mom Kimberly Fugate says she was surprised to learn she was pregnant - and with triplets no less. But the surprises didn't end there.
"They had got the three out and they said 'more feet. More feet.' That's all I heard and I said, 'no!'" (Via ABC)
Despite several ultrasounds during Fugate's pregnancy, a fourth baby was somehow missed.
She told The Clarion-Ledger she revealed the surprise to her husband, who was unable to make it to the delivery, by holding up the identification bracelets on her arm and asking him to count.
"He was speechless there at first and he said not four, and I said yes!" (Via WJTV)
The girls are identical and fittingly their names all start with K - Kenleigh Rosa, Kristen Sue, Kayleigh Pearl and Kelsey Roxanne. (Via WDBD)
They'll join big sister Katelyn, and the 10-year-old told WAPT she's already come up with a few ideas on how to tell her new sisters apart.
"Maybe you could paint a fingernail or bracelet or something." (Via WAPT)
The girls were born 13 weeks premature - weighing between 2 pounds 1 ounce and 2 pounds 8 ounces. On Facebook, the Fugates say their four bundles of joy are doing well - though they're still on ventilators while their lungs continue to develop.
To give you an idea of just how rare this is, the chances of spontaneous quadruplets are about 1 in 729,000. Doctors say the chances of all four being identical are almost incomprehensible.
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing window stays open
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 1.98% APR (15 yr)
- Walmart just did major markdowns, and robot vacuums are on sale for…
- Pottery Barn Kids has the best Halloween costumes — get one for your c…
- Snag 15% off these Canada Goose coats for women before the temperature…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!