Xbox One and Xbox 360 Combine to Sell Most Games in January
Adding to the NPD Group's report, Microsoft revealed that U.S. consumers purchased an average of 2.7 games per Xbox One console sold since launch. "This amazing success is due in large part to our unrivaled games lineup, first class Xbox Live multiplayer games service and a platform for game developers that offers unique capabilities such as Kinect and Xbox SmartGlass," said Yusuf Mehdi, Corporate VP of Marketing, Strategy and Business.
Nintendo also received good news, with 3DS and Wii U software sales up 6 percent and 26 percent, respectively, when compared to a normalized January 2013.
Below are the best-selling titles for the period between January 5 and February 1:
**(includes CE, GOTY editions, bundles, etc. but not those bundled with hardware)
- Call Of Duty: Ghosts (360, PS3, XBO, PS4, NWU, PC)**
- NBA 2K14 (PS4, 360, XBO, PS3, PC)**
- Battlefield 4 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3, PC)
- Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (360, PS4, XBO, PS3, NWU, PC)**
- Grand Theft Auto V (360, PS3)**
- Madden NFL 25 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3)
- Minecraft (360)
- FIFA 14 (PS4, XBO, PS3, 360, PSV)
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (360, XBO, PS3, PS4, 3DS, NWU, PSV, PC)
- Tomb Raider 2013 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3)**
To keep reading, head over to GameZone.