According to several reports, the actress' mother, Betty Lou Motes, was hospitalized after Nancy Motes was found dead from an apparent drug overdose Feb. 9.
New York Daily News reports Los Angeles County Coroner officials confirmed the 79-year-old was in the hospital.
It's unclear what she is being treated for or how long she has been there.
But the Daily Mail points out Betty Lou did look "frail and visibly shaken" when she went to visit Roberts Tuesday - just two days after Nancy's death.
According to a statement released by Motes' family, the 37-year-old was found dead in a bathtub at a Los Angeles home where she was pet-sitting.
The Los Angeles County Coroner's office says both prescription and nonprescription drugs were found at the scene, but they haven't said for sure if drugs played a role in Nancy's death.
Also found at the scene - a lengthy suicide note. The coroner's office confirmed to Us Weekly that news to Us Weekly but wouldn't go into detail about the contents.
But a source told the New York Daily News the letter was a rant from Nancy about how Julia Roberts was the driving force behind her possible suicide.
An autopsy was scheduled for the day after her body was found, but it could take as long as 10 weeks for the cause of death to be determined. Roberts has yet to comment on the situation.
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 1.98% APR (15 yr)
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- The 5 best bath towels if you like them super soft and super plush
- This sustainable wellness brand has all of your aromatherapy essential…
- Meet the designers behind Third Crown, the Black-owned, gender-neutral…
- Latest mortgage rates: A retreat for rates extends refinancing oppo…
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money