The New York Times has been regularly publishing love and relationship videos via their wildly popular "Vows" series since 2005.
In October 2013, the Times published a "Vows" video titled "Mr. Lewis and Dr. Jones." It was met with an incredible reception, and is the most popular "Vows" story this year. On a day that's all about romance, we thought we'd take a look at the story that has gotten so much attention ... and made so many people hug their loved ones just a little tighter.
The segment follows the story of Lewis Duckett and Billy Jones, two men who wrote coded letters to each other during Billy's deployment in Vietnam. They wrote cryptic messages to hide their love from those who may have found it inappropriate at the time. Together they adopted a baby, became grandfathers -- and then, finally -- got married.
"It's almost as if we were considered one. For most of our 46 years together, I don't know where I stop and he begins, it's been that kind of blending," Dr. Jones says in the video.
In June of 2013, after spending 46 years together, the two tied the knot at The Riverside Church in Harlem, New York.
Crazy about love stories? Check out a few more:
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- $400K Refi in this Economy? 1.99% APR (15 yr)
- Need Cash for Your Fixer Upper? Use Your Home's Equity!
- Experts Recommend Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Cheerleaders have no idea they’re announcing coach’s pregnancy: ‘Th…
- Dad secretly spends 6 months emailing celebrities to create epic gradu…
- 5 of the best lip balms with SPF that instantly nourish dry lips
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!