The New York Times has been regularly publishing love and relationship videos via their wildly popular "Vows" series since 2005.
In October 2013, the Times published a "Vows" video titled "Mr. Lewis and Dr. Jones." It was met with an incredible reception, and is the most popular "Vows" story this year. On a day that's all about romance, we thought we'd take a look at the story that has gotten so much attention ... and made so many people hug their loved ones just a little tighter.
The segment follows the story of Lewis Duckett and Billy Jones, two men who wrote coded letters to each other during Billy's deployment in Vietnam. They wrote cryptic messages to hide their love from those who may have found it inappropriate at the time. Together they adopted a baby, became grandfathers -- and then, finally -- got married.
"It's almost as if we were considered one. For most of our 46 years together, I don't know where I stop and he begins, it's been that kind of blending," Dr. Jones says in the video.
In June of 2013, after spending 46 years together, the two tied the knot at The Riverside Church in Harlem, New York.
Crazy about love stories? Check out a few more:
- Latest mortgage news: Rates pushing toward 7%
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Use The Equity In Your Home To Get The Cash You Need
- TikToker captures his mom’s hilarious laugh: ‘It’s like she’s got a…
- Love fresh flowers? TikTok is obsessed with these silk tulips that loo…
- J.Crew’s lady jackets will help you channel effortless French girl sty…
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!