SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - A Utah company is recalling about 90,000 pounds of beef jerky products that were mislabeled and didn't list on the packaging the ingredient soy lecithin, an allergen.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture's food safety service announced Tuesday that Salt Lake City-based Prime Snax Inc. is recalling products made before Feb. 2 that were shipped around the country.
The recall affects five of the company's beef jerky brands: Arizona Jacks, Desert Star, Southwest Trail, Terrell and Kettle Creek.
Officials say there have been no reports of adverse reactions to the products.
Prime Snax CEO Kevin Howard says the recall was voluntary and a technical labeling mistake.
He says soy lecithin is used as part of a cleaning procedure during production, and regulators informed the company it should be listed on the label.
- Latest mortgage rates: A retreat for rates extends refinancing oppo…
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Refi Rates at 1.89% APR. Do you qualify?
- Make the Switch from a 30 to 15 Year Mortgage
- Your Best Refinance Rates for September 2021
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- 5 recipes that scream ‘fall coziness’
- Vegan breakfast recipes that TikTokers love
- These were 3 of the biggest trends at NYFW — here’s how to get the loo…
- 6 Reasons We Call This The Best Cash Back Card of 2021
- Say Goodbye to Debt: 0% intro APR until 2023
- Making a Big Purchase Soon? These Cards Are For You