If you feel the years are speeding past you, author Dan Buettner has some ideas about how you can try to slow things down.
Years ago, the National Geographic fellow noticed that people seemed to live a lot longer in some places than in others.
For 12 years, he isolated what he called 'blue zones' and delved into why they seemed to promote longevity.
In his book 'The Blue Zones,'he highlights many of the things 'zone' residents do that could be key factors in stretching their life spans.
For example, people who live in Ikaria, Greece, are three times more likely than Americans to live to see 90 years old.
In his research, Buettner discovered that napping is popular on the island. Further studies encompassing all Greeks confirmed that those who took naps for at least 30 minutes a day were over 35 percent less likely to die from heart disease.
For those in Okinawa, Japan, the key seems to be in the positive relationships they maintain. In Sardinia, walking seemed to be the magic bullet.
Other tips include moderate drinking, cutting down on meat consumption and 'having a purpose each and every day.'
- Latest mortgage news: Rates stay below 7% as inflation cools
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Don’t Borrow From the Bank – Borrow From Yourself
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Turn Your Home Equity Into Cash Before a Recession
- Harry And Meghan May Return To The Crown Under One Condition
- Amazon Employees Revealed The Truth About Working In The Warehouse
- What The Cast Of A Christmas Story Looks Like Now
- 7 Mistakes People Make When Hiring Financial Advisors
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2022: How to Maximize Your Savings
- The future is here! You can use voice commands to control this Alex…
- This is the 1 sneaker style you’re going to see everything this fall a…
- You should definitely shop Pottery Barn’s buttery-soft robes, slippers…
- 5 Reasons You Should Switch To This Travel Credit Card
- Best Travel Cards For Winter 2022
- 3 Cards Charging 0% Interest Until 2024