It was fifty years ago on Sunday, Feb. 9, 1964, when America fell in love with four shaggy haired boys from Liverpool on "The Ed Sullivan Show."
Their appearance on American TV certainly would be one for the record books. The Beatles opened and closed the show that was estimated to have been watched by a record-breaking 73 million viewers. According to Nielsen, 45 percent of all televisions at the time were tuned into the broadcast of the Fab Four.
If you're a die-hard fan there are plenty of events to help you celebrate the milestone anniversary. Capitol Records will project a photo of the band in front of an American flag onto the Capitol Tower in Hollywood. They will also show fans The Beatles 50 logo created especially for the affair. There will be an event at the Hollywood Walk of Fame as well.
New Yorkers can head to the Ed Sullivan Theater to see a retro marquee honoring the famed appearance. The marquee features the exact wording that was posted for "The Ed Sullivan Show" on Feb. 9, 1964.
If you're not able to make the trek to Los Angeles or New York then CBS will be airing "The Night That Changed America: A Grammy Salute to the Beatles" Sunday at 8 p.m. The show includes performances by Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Stevie Wonder, Alicia Keys, Katy Perry, Imagine Dragons, Maroon 5, Dhani Harrison, Brad Paisley, Pharrell Williams and members of the Cirque du Soleil's Las Vegas Beatles show "Love."
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing window is still open
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- From fitness essentials to pet supplies, tons of everyday staples a…
- Superfood pumpkin bread with flax seeds
- These flavorful recipes are perfect for spicy food lovers
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!