According to florist Melissa Kirby from Event Creative, there's a flower 'language' many of us might not even know.
It's been around since the Victorian era when people would use bouquets as coded messages to express emotions they didn't want to speak aloud.
Consider this your flower dictionary:
-Orchid = 'refined beauty'
-Tulip = 'perfect love' and rebirth
-Yellow stock blooms = friendship and 'lasting love'
-Lavender = 'enchantment'
-Bouvardia = enthusiasm and is perfect for new relationships
-Delphinium is for the 'bighearted' in your life (great for parents)
-Pink roses = tender love
-Traditional red rose = passionate love
How many of these did you know? Do you have any to add? Let us know in the comments.
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate hits highest point since 2009
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- Need Cash? Take Money Out of Your Home
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Every man needs a quality pair of dress shoes: Here are the 12 best…
- 2-year-old proudly shows off her Tagalog vocab in sweet TikTok: ‘Such …
- 5 easy gluten-free dinner recipes for busy weeknights
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!