Anne Tarbell and William Marden III each lost their longtime spouses to cancer in 2010. Starting over again was difficult and daunting, but they adopted the mantra 'life is for living.'
Anne's husband died after about three months, while Bill's beloved wife lost her battle after four years. 'Dating at 52 after decades of being married to one person in a very happy marriage was frightening,' Anne explains.
Bill said the 'whole city lit up' when he saw Anne walking toward him. He doesn't recall what they ate or talked about, but he remembers that when they said goodbye, the concept of 'next' came up.
'Somehow, I left with the feeling that there would be a next time, and that was the most uplifting, most emotionally gratifying [thing],' Bill said, quickly growing emotional.
Bill taught Anne how to ride a bike. They got a tandem (Bill leading, Anne at the back) and put the date and their late spouses' initials on it.
'I think you can have two loves in your life,' Anne says. 'I certainly have.'
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- $400K Refi in this Economy? 1.99% APR (15 yr)
- Need Cash for Your Fixer Upper? Use Your Home's Equity!
- Experts Recommend Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Drunk Elephant’s new liquid blush drops give you that quintessentia…
- In honor of Father’s Day, dads open up about their journeys to fatherh…
- Mom cuts up game board boxes for ultimate storage hack: ‘I ordered the…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!