When it comes to Valentine's Day, many look for flashy gifts to impress their significant others -- but a new study found that the secret to a good marriage is actually staying at home and watching a romantic comedy.
The study involved 174 couples. Daily Mail says researchers discovered that just watching romantic comedies and then talking about them reduced the divorce rate from 24 percent to 11 percent in the first three years of marriage.
Turns out the key was to watch movies where love is more of a process, like 'Two for the Road' or 'Yours, Mine and Ours.'
So make sure to break out those romantic movies on the 14th, but don't skimp on the flowers ... just in case your significant other didn't hear about this study.
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Toddler uses ‘gentle parenting’ technique on younger sibling
- Mom stirs TikTok controversy when she shares ups and downs of 13-year …
- This $29 teddy bomber jacket is too cute: ‘Get one in every color’
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing window is still open
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money