A new national movement is being formed, and you'll probably be hearing a lot about it soon. Graham Holdings Company CEO Donald E. Graham, Democratic activist and philanthropist Henry R. Muñoz III and former U.S. Secretary of Commerce Carlos Gutierrez are starting TheDream.US, a program that will give college scholarships to over 2,000 highly motivated, low-income DREAMers so they can graduate with career-ready college degrees.
Because these undocumented immigrant students are unable to apply for federal financial aid to support their education, these three founders are building a fund that will allow them to do so. Of the DREAMers, Graham said, "They want an education, and many want the chance to be of service to others. But they often face countless roadblocks to college achievement. With support from our partner institutions and from civic leaders across the country, TheDream.US is building a new movement to remove these roadblocks and make higher education a reality for thousands of undocumented immigrants."
They've already raised more than $25 million for the program -- and 39 students have already received scholarships. The money they receive will cover up to 100% of a student's total cost of tuition, fees and books.
To learn more or get involved, visit TheDream.US!
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing window is still open
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- Today only: Score up to 30% off Calphalon cookware on Amazon
- Dessert-inspired cocktails to satisfy your sweet tooth
- TikTokers share cozy casseroles for fall and winter
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!