Richard Sherman has been at the epicenter of the Super Bowl buzz, and AOL.com sat down with his mom, Beverly and brother/business partner Branton Sherman to chat about the journey to the Big Game.
Beverly and Branton both chimed in on the hottest topic - Richard's widely discussed interview with Erin Andrews after the NFC Championship game, where the Seahawks beat the 49ers to earn a trip to New York for Super Bowl XLVIII.
Both admitted it was simply "Richard being Richard" and an instance of in-game passion coming out on live TV - but what we go on to learn from both "Momma Sherman" and brother Branton is that it is this passion that led Richard to Stanford University on a football scholarship and on to the NFL Draft where he was selected by the Seattle Seahawks. This "chip on the shoulder" mentality started at an early age, when Richard was first told he was too young to play on the same team as his big brother Branton.
For the Sherman family - it is officially game time, with Beverly sporting her custom shoes made by fans from Seattle's famed "12th Man." Watch the video above for the full story.
For more Super Bowl coverage and to enter AOL's #SuperSelfie sweepstakes click here.
- Refi Rates at 1.89% APR. Do you qualify?
- Make the Switch from a 30 to 15 Year Mortgage
- Your Best Refinance Rates for September 2021
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- 5 recipes that scream ‘fall coziness’
- Vegan breakfast recipes that TikTokers love
- These were 3 of the biggest trends at NYFW — here’s how to get the loo…
- Latest mortgage rates: A retreat for rates extends refinancing oppo…
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!