'Good Morning America' says a brazen robbery took place at a very famous New York jewelry store on January 30th.
'Thieves burst into the famous Cartier jewelry store on 5th Avenue in the middle of the afternoon to the obvious shock of tourists and store employees. They used hammers to smash open the glass cases.'
'Fox & Friends' has the details on what happened next.
'They scooped up 16 watches. Police say it happened so fast that no one had time to react. The robbers made a clean getaway.'
The thieves made off with about $700,000 worth of merchandise. The New York Post says Cartier wasn't the first choice of the five robbers, though.
It reports they actually planned to rob a nearby watch and jewelry store but were thrown out by security. A few minutes later, they robbed Cartier after pushing past an unarmed security guard.
Even though the block Cartier is on is one of the most heavily guarded in the city due to all the luxury boutiques and jewelry stores in the area.
Daily Mail reports police believe the thieves decided to rob the store anyway because the majority of police officers were at least 10 minutes away overseeing the pre-Super Bowl festivities in Times Square.
Police are currently reviewing security footage, but no one has been arrested yet in connection with the robbery.
- Latest mortgage news: Rates edge up again this week
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 3 Ways To Find Cash In Your Home (Easier Than You Think)
- Your Best Refinance Rates for November 2021
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- Mom’s viral Christmas gift TikTok is saving parents ‘so much cash’ …
- Loved Squid Game? Check out the viral show’s new collab with CASETiFY
- 21 budget-friendly fashion gifts that fit any style
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!