Forget the snow and ice we've been seeing nationwide ... tumbleweeds are taking over New Mexico.
'It's like something out of a '50s movie,' 'GMA' reports. 'People had to be rescued from their homes. Troops from a nearby military base had to be called in. Plows had to be called in to clear the streets.'
That's after a huge wind storm blew through Clovis, New Mexico this week. According to KRQE, residents are calling it the tumbleweed invasion of 2014.
'It looked like a herd of cows coming. The tumbleweeds were just rolling in here,' a resident said.
People were even trapped inside their homes.
KOB-TV reports Clovis Public Works has been trying to clear the streets. But backyards are a different story.
Issac Garcia's backyard was so inundated with tumbleweeds that he had to create a pathway to get near his door. 'I'm lucky to have a hole and as soon as I clean the back then I start pushing things over the fence there,' Garcia told KOB-TV.
It looks like those tumbleweeds will be around for a little while. KRQE reports that the cleanup process is underway -- but it will take weeks to get everything cleared out.
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing window stays open
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 1.98% APR (15 yr)
- Today only, this best-selling air purifier is more than $100 off on…
- Indulge your inner Francophile with these yummy galette recipes
- 5 warm and toasty drinks for a cozy cocktail hour
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!