If you're boarding a plane anytime soon, you may want to skip this article.
If not ... let's get started.
1) A plane or vehicle moves onto an active runway by mistake -- about 1,000 times a year.
2) Your coffee is made from the same water coming out of the bathroom sinks. Some coffee has bacteria levels a hundred times over government limits.
3) Your captain and crew are usually exhausted. They are allowed to be on duty without a break for up to 16 hours.
4) Pilots make you stow your laptop because it can be a projectile -- and pilots don't want to be taken out by a Macbook flying at 200 mph.
5) Some pilots get distracted by their laptops and cell phones during flight. In October 2009, two pilots on their laptops flew 150 miles past their destination.
6) An airplane will be struck by lightning an average of once per year. Luckily, this hasn't cause a crash in over 40 years.
7) Pilots make mistakes all the time ... mistakes about airspeed, altitude, landing, etc. Because they're usually corrected in time, the pilot won't tell anyone about them.
8) Pilots are constantly under pressure to carry less fuel than they think is necessary.
9) Lots of freight is shipped on commercial flights, including 'H.R.' That means 'Human Remains.' Don't be surprised if there's a casket on your flight.
10) When you're landing at night, the pilot dims the interior light in case you need to evacuate when landing. Your eyes are already adjusted to the darkness so you can see better outside the plane.
11) Lastly, there is no such thing as a 'water landing.'
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing window stays open
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 1.98% APR (15 yr)
- Today only, this best-selling air purifier is more than $100 off on…
- Indulge your inner Francophile with these yummy galette recipes
- 5 warm and toasty drinks for a cozy cocktail hour
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!