Ask any police officer on the street and they'll tell you that there's no such thing as a "routine traffic stop."
Such was the case for Atlanta officer Tim Sheffield yesterday, who noticed a stopped car on the side of Interstate 25.
He approached to see if they were having car trouble, but car trouble it was not -- they were having a baby!
Amy Anderson and her husband were on the way to the hospital when they got caught in the Atlanta gridlock.
According toe Sheffield, "That baby was definitely coming no matter what."
"I walked up and I looked and I could see that the baby was just about to come on out, so I went back and got my first aid kit, I walked back up there," Sheffield said. "The dad was real calm, the mom was a super trooper."
A few moments later, baby Grace had arrived.
"I said, that's awesome. Today's my birthday. So it was kind of a neat birthday surprise."
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate hits pause — but still near 13-y…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- Need Cash? Take Money Out of Your Home
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Essential tips and recipes to keep it cool with your summer eating
- This is the Saks sale shoppers wait all year for — designer clothing, …
- Brighten up your day with these refreshing iced tea recipes
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!