A hair-raising brake test was all caught on video ... and you definitely should not try this at home (or anywhere else).
Soldiers were recruited to test the emergency brakes on a military tank in the Netherlands.
WHDH reports the tank weighs 60 tons and was traveling at a speed of 45 miles per hour right toward the laughing soldiers right in front of it.
'Had the brakes failed,' KHPO reports, 'they would be nothing left of those hapless but well dressed humans standing in front of the tank.' So, are these people daring or reckless? That's up to you to decide.
Either way, a writer for Business Insider points outthat if this video 'came out of the American armed forces, heads would be serving jail time.'
And of course, there were some skeptics. A writer for 2 Oceans Vibe notes that'the tank test dummies look genuinely surprised that they didn't become roadkill .. . Which begs the very serious question, how certain were they that this stunt was actually possible?'
Thankfully, no one was hurt -- but we imagine the hair on the backs of their necks is still standing on end.
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing window stays open
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 1.98% APR (15 yr)
- Indulge your inner Francophile with these yummy galette recipes
- 5 warm and toasty drinks for a cozy cocktail hour
- More than 11,000 Amazon shoppers have given this stylish sweater a 5-s…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!