A famous British singer is betting on a new job ... as a minimum-wage cashier at her neighborhood betting parlor in Scotland.
52-year-old Boyle first wowed millions in 2009 when she sang a rendition of 'I Dreamed a Dream' on the TV show 'Britain's Got Talent.'
Boyle would work 16 hours a week at Ladbrokes, an employee there told The Sun.
'Susan Boyle walked into the shop and inquired about the job advertised in our window. We were all in shock. It's a cashier's job.'
WJXT reports that 'a source close to the Britain's Got Talent winner says she just wants a job that will get her more involved in her community.'
New York Daily News backs up that sentiment, reporting that there's speculation she just wants to be around other people. As of now, it doesn't seem to be a PR stunt.
According to Entertainmentwise, Boyle would earn £6, or about $9.95, an hour.
She definitely doesn't need the job: Boyle is reportedly worth about $33 million.
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing window stays open
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 1.98% APR (15 yr)
- TikTok parents share brilliant technique for getting toddlers excit…
- Toddler lights up with joy the second he sees mom at daycare: ‘[This] …
- Get an extra 30% off Sephora Collection sale items for 1 more day — as…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!