A volcano on Hawaii Island, sometimes called the 'Big Island,' is putting on quite the show. 'Fox and Friends' has the explosive video.
According to 'Fox & Friends,' the video shows lava spewing out of one of the most active volcanoes in the world, rising up to 32 feet.
Considered one of the most active volcanoes in the word, the Kilauea volcano bubbles regularly, but as CBS reports it hasn't erupted since March of 2008.
The current eruption is spewing from a lava lake near the the volcano's summit. According to HLN's 'Morning Express,' geologists say this recent activity is from a gas buildup.
2.6 million people visit the volcano each year, but right now - it is best observed from far, far away. A geologist told The Huffington Post it's just too dangerous to get close.
'The immediate area around this lava lake, including the air space above it,' USGS geologist Janet Babb explained, 'is closed to the public due to ongoing hazards (high levels of sulfur dioxide gas, explosions).'
Kilauea has been shooting lava and ash into the sky for weeks now but is expected to simmer down in the next couple of days.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Do This Before Your Next Mortgage Payment (it's genius)
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate now
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.04% APR (15 yr)
- Professional chef reveals hack for getting eggshells out of your fo…
- Playtime is ‘no joke’ for this pretend-cashier dad: ‘Preparing them fo…
- The new Magic Bullet Air Fryer is perfect for tiny kitchens without a …
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!