The teen who stole Food Network star Guy Fieri's Lamborghini three years ago has been sentenced to life behind bars.
According to KXTV, police say 19-year-old Max Wade stole the $200,000 car after Fieri dropped it off at a San Francisco repair shop in 2011.
But grand theft auto wasn't the crime that got the teen such a serious sentence, according to KMSP.
'Nineteen-year old Max Wade of California is also convicted of attempted murder after he fired a gun into a car carrying the girl he liked and her new boyfriend.'
No one was shot, but according to KTVU, the judge sentenced Wade to life in prison for the drive-by shooting plus 21 years and four months for a gun enhancement charge. He got another 16 months for stealing Fieri's car.
KGO-TV reports Wade also had plans to rob a renowned jewelry store in San Francisco, but the judge didn't include any punishment for that in his sentence.
Witnesses in the courtroom during the sentencing told KOFY Wade showed little emotion.
'I didn't feel comfortable walking down the same sidewalk as him. And I think in spite of his age, in spite of that, I wouldn't want my mom or my girlfriend to be walking down the same street as Max Wade.'
Wade's attorney says it could be more than 15 years before the teen is eligible for parole. The decision is expected to be appealed.
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- This baby’s reaction to bath time gets cuter and cuter
- Those viral ‘peel and reveal’ lip stains are on sale today on Amazon
- ‘Now that our kid isn’t a baby anymore, my wife and I can’t agree on b…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!