Savannah Guthrie and her 'Today' show co-host Matt Lauer were in the 'Watch What Happens Live' clubhouse, and Andy Cohen had to ask Savannah about that incredibly awkward interview with Kate Gosselin and her 13-year-old twins.
Savannah said she was ' really surprised when they didn't say too much, but I kind of was sympathetic to them. I felt bad for them. I honestly was just thinking, this is crazy. Is this as crazy as it feels inside. Does it look crazy? Then I checked my Twitter feed and I knew, it was crazy. I saw Matt right after, he was like, 'Woah. It was insane.'
Matt said he had a similar reaction to that infamous Tom Cruise interview he did back in 2005, where the actor went off about psychiatric drugs and repeatedly called Matt 'glib.'
And FYI -- the Gosselin girls proved they could talk on TV just a few days later when they stopped by ABC's 'The View.'
Maybe the 'Today' show's 7 AM start time was just a little too early.
What did you think about the interview? Tell us in the comments below.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- $400K Refi in this Economy? 2.03% APR (15 yr)
- Forget Your 401k if you Own a Home (Do This)
- Make the Switch from a 30 to 15 Year Mortgage
- 5 three-ingredient summer slushies: ‘That looks so refreshing!’
- Mom is praised for huge, ‘beautiful’ blended family with ex-husband: ‘…
- This father-daughter sing-a-long has TikTok beaming: ‘I was having a b…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!