If you're looking to relocate somewhere new, you might want to listen up. 'Today' featured America's wealthiest city, and it's one you might not expect.
Yup, not Manhattan, Miami, or even Silicon Valley. It's Des Moines, Iowa.
In the past, the capital of Iowa has been declared the best place for business and careers by Forbes.
Kiplinger also called it the best city for families.
Back in 2011, U.S. News & World Report ranked Des Moines No. 1 among the richest metro areas. The capital of Iowa has the highest median income in the nation relative to the cost of living.
KCCI points out that the definition of rich depends on one's perspective.
Still, residents tell "Today' that living in a Midwestern city of only half a million people, is, well, priceless.
'Today' also reports that the cost of living in Des Moines is actually 10 percent lower than the national average.
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tr…
- Key 30-year mortgage rate stays low, refinancing window still open
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Do This Before Your Next Mortgage Payment (it's genius)
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate now
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.04% APR (15 yr)
- Save on La Mer, Jo Malone and more luxury beauty brands during the …
- New dads vs. experienced dads — hilarious TikTok couple show the diffe…
- 5 jeans under $60 to get from Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!