Alexa Von Tobel, CEO of LearnVest.com, told show host Katie Couric all the things banks really don't want you to know - and also mentioned that 61% of the country is living paycheck to paycheck.
One of her best money-saving tips? Pay your mortgage bi-weekly!
Von Tobel also said that some bank tellers are actually salespeople in disguise -- so beware if they start talking about a new credit card.
Oh, and watch out for those 0% interest balance offers. The average American household has $9,000 in credit card debt alone, and if the debt isn't paid down quickly -- sometimes in as little as six months -- that interest will go up fast.
Von Tobel told 'Good Morning America' that another great tip is just writing down a financial plan.
Last but not least, use your debit card so you don't spend money you don't have. Von Tobel says if you're shopping online, credit cards are best for security.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Historic Refi Rate Alert: 2.02% APR. Can you save?
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Crush Your Debt: Refinance to a 15 yr fixed
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- You Could Earn 70K Miles with this Top Travel Card
- Mind-Blowing Cards for Those with Excellent Credit
- Pay No Interest Until 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program