Christmas came a month late for a Hardin County, Ky., first grader whose father has been in Afghanistan for the past nine months.
The first graders thought that WLKY was bringing their cameras in to see how polite the students were ... but they were really there for one little girl in particular.
Quietly sitting at lunch, Lindsey Owens, 6, had no idea that her dad was about to surprise her.
Staff sergeant Jon Owens has been in Afghanistan for the past nine months, but he's finally home to give his little 'daddy's girl' a hug.
The surprise was so overwhelming that Lindsey, who didn't know how to react at first, eventually started to cry. Owens, for his part, couldn't believe how mature she looked.
Lindsey got to go home early to spend the rest of the day with her dad. Owens could be deployed in the future, so the family is going to treasure this special time together.
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- This baby’s reaction to bath time gets cuter and cuter
- Those viral ‘peel and reveal’ lip stains are on sale today on Amazon
- ‘Now that our kid isn’t a baby anymore, my wife and I can’t agree on b…
- 0% APR Card Offer Now Lasts Until 2023
- Want To Travel Practically Free? Get This Card Now
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for October 2021