Check out this rare blue sparkler found in a South African mine earlier this month.
'It's 29.6 carats and about six times bigger than an acorn,' WPBF reports. 'Officials haven't put an exact price tag on the rock, but they say it may be worth millions.'
The BBC reports the dazzling stone was dug up by the New Jersey-based Petra Diamonds at its Cullinan Diamond Mine near Pretoria.
The company gushed about the discovery in a statement released Tuesday, saying, 'The stone is an outstanding vivid blue with extraordinary saturation, tone and clarity, and has the potential to yield a polished stone of great value and importance.'
Although experts haven't assigned this gem a specific value yet, if Petra Diamonds' other discoveries are any indication, the rock could rake in some serious cash.
A 25.5-carat Cullinan blue diamond found in that same mine in 2013 sold for a whopping $16.9 million, and another big sparkler uncovered in 2008, known as the Star of Josephine, sold for $9.49 million.
According to Sky News, an analyst suggests this newest discovery could be worth between $15 million and $20 million.
Petra Diamonds chief executive told reporters the company will decide what to do with the diamond within the next week.
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing window is still open
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Decadent Halloween dishes that serve up some culinary magic
- How the pros achieve perfect glowy makeup
- KkCo makes fashion that’s functional, playful and thoughtfully designe…
- 0% APR Card Offer Now Lasts Until 2023
- Want To Travel Practically Free? Get This Card Now
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for October 2021