College is a great time to find new friends, but two freshmen at Tulane University in Louisiana who became friends, found out they were actually family.
Mikayla Stern-Ellis, 19, and Emily Nappi, 18, first met while searching for potential roommates on Facebook. The two didn't end up rooming together, but they stayed in touch and became close friends when school started.
An online survey showed they had a lot in common - but it wasn't until months later that they realized they shared more than just a few interests.
Both girls are from California and look eerily similar. They quickly found out they were conceived by an anonymous Colombian donor, but didn't think much of it.
The Tulane Hullabalooreports it wasn't until Mikayla went home for Winter break that her mother asked what her new friend's donor number was because she didn't remember many other Colombian donors at the time she was conceived. It turned out to be a match! Their families were shocked!
The girls have said they are thankful for having found each other so unexpectedly and it's made their college experience even better.
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tr…
- Key 30-year mortgage rate stays low, refinancing window still open
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Do This Before Your Next Mortgage Payment (it's genius)
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate now
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.04% APR (15 yr)
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Save on La Mer, Jo Malone and more luxury beauty brands during the …
- New dads vs. experienced dads — hilarious TikTok couple show the diffe…
- 5 jeans under $60 to get from Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale
- You Could Earn 70K Miles with this Top Travel Card
- Mind-Blowing Cards for Those with Excellent Credit
- Pay No Interest Until 2023 With A Better Credit Card