An Alabama family was cleaning up the mess after their house was toilet papered. Unfortunately, the cleanup turned disastrous. HLN reports that 'the homeowner says somebody TP'd their house on Saturday. They couldn't reach all the toilet paper to get it down, so she decided they would burn it off. It sparked a huge fire. It burned for four hours.'
It all started when Cheryl Crausewell and her son tried to burn a piece of toilet paper in a tree.
When the wind blew the burning piece, it set the family's grass on fire.
The blaze soon grew out of control when the grass fire moved to the family's house. Crausewell says she and her son tried containing the fire, but it was just too much.
Crausewell told WVTM she's just glad everyone made it out OK.
'We just keep knowing that we're all safe. You know, my mother lived with us. She's 84. She got out safely. My aunt lives next door in this apartment, and she's 87, and she got out safely. So, we're all safe and that really is the main thing,' Crausewell said.
HLN reports the family has homeowner's insurance and plans to rebuild.
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- TikTok shows you how to take your pumpkin spice latte to the next l…
- Over 5,500 Amazon shoppers love this gel nail kit — and it’s under $40
- This perfume smells like an expensive hotel lobby in the best way
- 0% APR Card Offer Now Lasts Until 2023
- Want To Travel Practically Free? Get This Card Now
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for October 2021