A man in Mexico found himself in very hot water after getting tattled on by his own pet!
Yes, 49-year-old Guillermo Reyes was busted for allegedly driving drunk thanks to his honest pet yelling out 'he's drunk, he's drunk' in Spanish.
According to El Universal, the squawk must have been pretty clear because the cops originally thought there was another person in the car. Then, they saw the cute green bird inside. Animal Surveillance Brigade was called to take the chatty parrot away, but Reyes was able to talk them out of it.
He told authorities he and his pet had never been separated and he feared it might die if they weren't together. So the two hung out in jail together.
Reyes was taken to El Torito's 'hangover prison,' where intoxicated drivers go to sleep off the booze and sober up, the NY Daily News reports.
Reyes must really regret teaching his parrot to say anything other than 'Polly wanna cracker?'
- Latest HELOC news: Rates back away from 8%
- Latest mortgage news: Rates inch down again, stay below 7%
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Borrow From Your Home, Not The Bank ($25k for $168/month)
- Need Cash For The Holidays? How To Unlock Your Home's Equity
- $50k HE Loan in this Economy? 5.49% APR ($284/mo)
- CookUnity is unlike any other meal delivery service — in fact, dish…
- You need these reusable rainbow baking cups if you plan to make cupcak…
- This company provides free 30-minute photoshoots, and you just pay for…
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!