Annie Branum, 21, discovered that the father she grew up with isn't her biological father after taking a DNA test to trace her family history.
Tom Lippert, a technician at the fertility clinic the Branums used to get pregnant, allegedly switched his sperm with hundreds of donors -- including Annie's father, John.
The story of Tom Lippert's sinister swaps has swept the nation, and another family that wants to be identified only as 'Paula, Jeff and Ashley' recently got the difficult news as well. Using Ancestry.com and a DNA test, the family confirmed that Ashley's biological father was Tom Lippert.
Things got even worse when the family looked into Lippert's past. Lippert, who died in 1999, was a convicted kidnapper who once kept a woman in a box and tried to do experiments on her.
The Branums are encouraging other families who used the clinic to test their children's DNA.
One of many fears is that half-siblings could unwittingly engage in romantic relationships.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Do This Before Your Next Mortgage Payment (it's genius)
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate now
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.04% APR (15 yr)
- FYI, the perfect button-up shirt is available on Amazon for less th…
- If you only get one thing from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, it has …
- 7-year-old stuns mom by secretly spending $6,000 in iPad app add-ons: …
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!