Annie Branum, 21, discovered that the father she grew up with isn't her biological father after taking a DNA test to trace her family history.
Tom Lippert, a technician at the fertility clinic the Branums used to get pregnant, allegedly switched his sperm with hundreds of donors -- including Annie's father, John.
The story of Tom Lippert's sinister swaps has swept the nation, and another family that wants to be identified only as 'Paula, Jeff and Ashley' recently got the difficult news as well. Using Ancestry.com and a DNA test, the family confirmed that Ashley's biological father was Tom Lippert.
Things got even worse when the family looked into Lippert's past. Lippert, who died in 1999, was a convicted kidnapper who once kept a woman in a box and tried to do experiments on her.
The Branums are encouraging other families who used the clinic to test their children's DNA.
One of many fears is that half-siblings could unwittingly engage in romantic relationships.
- Latest mortgage news: Rates pushing toward 7%
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Use The Equity In Your Home To Get The Cash You Need
- 9 stylish and flattering fall jackets under $100 for every occasion
- This budget-friendly knife set is great for new cooks and experienced …
- Mom shares emotional journey after breast implants take a toxic turn: …
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!