After half a century of volunteering at Methodist Hospital in Merrillville, Indiana, 83-year-old Margaret Detert has no intention of calling it quits.
Margaret and her dear friend Nora started back in the '60s. Methodist eventually hired Nora to run its volunteer department, while Margaret stuck around free of charge.
Back in 1978, Margaret developed arthritis. She's also had two hips replaced, but you'd never know it. She's only taken some time off for surgery -- and she always came right back in, brace and all.
She used to walk the hospital's halls, but now Margaret sits in the office and answers the phone. She'll keep doing it until she can't anymore. 'She sticks to a job until it's done, and her job isn't done yet,' Nora says wisely.
Margaret can't imagine her life without volunteering ... and neither can anyone else.
- Latest mortgage news: Rates inch down again, stay below 7%
- Latest HELOC news: Rates flirt with 8%
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Don’t Borrow From the Bank – Borrow From Yourself
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Turn Your Home Equity Into Cash Before a Recession
- Harry And Meghan May Return To The Crown Under One Condition
- Amazon Employees Revealed The Truth About Working In The Warehouse
- What The Cast Of A Christmas Story Looks Like Now
- 7 Mistakes People Make When Hiring Financial Advisors
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2022: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Dad greets son at airport with traditional Māori Haka: ‘Not a dry e…
- Mom parodies different phases of being a parent in hilariously relatab…
- Photographer’s ‘faceless’ Christmas photos can help protect little one…
- 5 Reasons You Should Switch To This Travel Credit Card
- Best Travel Cards For Winter 2022
- 3 Cards Charging 0% Interest Until 2024