An Atlanta homeless man walked 29 miles in freezing temperatures to make his court appearance.
He had totaled his car and needed to pay a parking ticket. HLN says the man, named James, started walking at 1:00 a.m. The trip took him more than eight hours -- and his public defender never showed up in court.
James, who did not wish to show his face on camera, said he knew if he ever stopped to take a break during the long walk he would never start up again. 'As soon as the air hit my lungs, it took my breath away,' he said. 'No I'm not crazy, just dedicated.'
WSB-TV says police officers were so impressed that they paid the $80 cab fee to take him back to the shelter he stays in.
This took place on January 7th. The morning temperature was 6 degrees, but the wind chill made the air feel like 10 degrees below zero. That was the coldest it's been in Atlanta since February 1996.
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing window stays open
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 1.98% APR (15 yr)
- Today only, this best-selling air purifier is more than $100 off on…
- Indulge your inner Francophile with these yummy galette recipes
- 5 warm and toasty drinks for a cozy cocktail hour
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!