After eating dinner together at a local restaurant in Oregon Thursday, a couple decided to leave their waitress a rather unusual tip.
"A beach trip to the north coast sends one couple to jail after police say they left their waitress meth for her tip!"
Yes, it wasn't a $100 bill or a nice note or more than 20%. It was meth.
Police busted 40-year-old Ryan Benson and 37-year-old Erica Manley at the Twisted Fish Steakhouse Thursday night after they reportedly enjoyed dinner and drinks.
According KGW-TV, the couple paid their bill with a gift card, but apparently wanted to leave a little something extra for their waitress in an envelope marked with a question mark.
When the waitress opened it and found crystal meth inside, she wasn't too appreciative and immediately called 911.
The Twisted Fish's manager told The Oregonian, "She was like 'Whoa -- what the ...?' We're not a little dive bar or hole in the wall. We're a classy place."
When officers arrived at the steakhouse, they confirmed the substance in the envelope was, in fact, meth and placed both Benson and Manley under arrest.
And when officers later searched the couple's car and motel room, they found - you guessed it - even more meth and items used to make the drug as well.
Benson and Manley were booked on possession of methamphetamine and manufacture of methamphetamine. They are currently behind bars awaiting arraignment.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Mortgage Payoff Tactic Eliminates 15 Years of Payments
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Amazon shoppers can’t stop raving about this $5 product that gives …
- Apple Prime Day 2021 Deals: iPhones, Macbooks, iPads, AirPods and more
- Here’s how to unlock exclusive deals on cult hair products from Coco &…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!