It may be snowing everywhere, but the sun is still shining brightly for one lucky family.
Maureen and Steven Hinckley just claimed their share of a $122 million Powerball jackpot.
Maureen has always picked the same numbers (her birthday), but for the first time ever, those lucky numbers paid off. An extra twist? Her birthday was the day after the drawing.
'I had a million people calling me for my birthday and I couldn't tell them,' Maureen explains. 'It was hard!'
Maureen and her husband are splitting the jackpot with a winner in Nebraska, and their share is $61 million before taxes. They told lotto officials in Braintree, Mass., that they are going to take the lump-sum payment of $34 million.
So, what will Maureen and her husband do with their riches? Travel, camp ... and keep buying lotto tickets. 'I will keep playing,' Maureen says. 'That's my fun. Not that I -- I would love to keep winning, but that's not the goal. It is just fun.'
Hoping that some of Maureen's luck will rub off of you? She bought the winning ticket at Apple Town market in Sterling, Mass.
- Latest mortgage news: Rates inch down again, stay below 7%
- Latest HELOC news: Rates flirt with 8%
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Don’t Borrow From the Bank – Borrow From Yourself
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Turn Your Home Equity Into Cash Before a Recession
- Dad greets son at airport with traditional Māori Haka: ‘Not a dry e…
- Mom parodies different phases of being a parent in hilariously relatab…
- Photographer’s ‘faceless’ Christmas photos can help protect little one…
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!