It may be snowing everywhere, but the sun is still shining brightly for one lucky family.
Maureen and Steven Hinckley just claimed their share of a $122 million Powerball jackpot.
Maureen has always picked the same numbers (her birthday), but for the first time ever, those lucky numbers paid off. An extra twist? Her birthday was the day after the drawing.
'I had a million people calling me for my birthday and I couldn't tell them,' Maureen explains. 'It was hard!'
Maureen and her husband are splitting the jackpot with a winner in Nebraska, and their share is $61 million before taxes. They told lotto officials in Braintree, Mass., that they are going to take the lump-sum payment of $34 million.
So, what will Maureen and her husband do with their riches? Travel, camp ... and keep buying lotto tickets. 'I will keep playing,' Maureen says. 'That's my fun. Not that I -- I would love to keep winning, but that's not the goal. It is just fun.'
Hoping that some of Maureen's luck will rub off of you? She bought the winning ticket at Apple Town market in Sterling, Mass.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Mortgage Payoff Tactic Eliminates 15 Years of Payments
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Prime Day 2021 kitchen deals: KitchenAid, Instant Pot, air fryers, …
- These Prime Day 2021 Instant Pot deals are too hot to miss
- 15 Amazon, Target and Walmart vacuum deals happening during Prime Day …
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!