Here's something you don't hear often: A Chicago jeweler lost a bet that cost him $151,000 -- and he's 'delighted' about it.
In an effort to get shoppers into his store, Rich Bennett promised anyone who bought jewelry at his shop between Black Friday and Christmas Eve a full refund - but only if it snowed at least three inches on New Years day.
... And it did.
It snowed 3.7 inches by noon in the windy city and it kept on coming -- but Bennett isn't being a sore loser.
In fact, he says he's completely fine with it! He and his wife are reportedly throwing a champagne party for his customers to celebrate.
'To do something like this for the people we have as customers, they're awesome and if we can give something back like this to them; it's so much fun for us.'
ABC News says a total of 224 people will be getting a refund, the most expensive being an opal diamond ring for $7,700. Not a bad way to start the year.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- $400K Refi in this Economy? 2.03% APR (15 yr)
- Forget Your 401k if you Own a Home (Do This)
- Make the Switch from a 30 to 15 Year Mortgage
- 5 three-ingredient summer slushies: ‘That looks so refreshing!’
- Mom is praised for huge, ‘beautiful’ blended family with ex-husband: ‘…
- This father-daughter sing-a-long has TikTok beaming: ‘I was having a b…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!