An extremely lucky skier named Edwin LaMair was with his brother in the backwoods of Vail, Colo., when he got caught in an avalanche.
In an interview with TODAY, Edwin said he didn't know what was happening at first, but once he realized what was going on, he went into survival mode.
'I was trying to swim as hard as I could to get to the top,' Edwin said. 'I was immensely relieved when I realized that my face was above the surface and I could breathe,' he added.
The avalanche dragged him face first down the cliff over a 20-ft. cliff. When his brother saw what had happened, he raced down the hill, clearing the same cliff, to find his brother buried head deep.
It only took a few minutes for his brother and a friend to dig Edwin out -- and Edwin walked away with just a torn ACL and MCL.
The brothers said the sun was setting when the avalanche struck, and that if it had happened just a few minutes later, the outcome could have been very different.
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Hurry! Shop the brand new Disney x BaubleBar holiday collection bef…
- 5 hilarious Halloween costumes that are still family-friendly
- 5 adorable family costume ideas for Halloween
- 0% APR Card Offer Now Lasts Until 2023
- Want To Travel Practically Free? Get This Card Now
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for October 2021