NEW YORK (AP) - Bill de Blasio will be sworn in as mayor of New York City by former President Bill Clinton.
The Democrat will be inaugurated as the 109th mayor of the nation's largest city during a ceremony Wednesday on the City Hall steps.
His transition team announced Saturday that he will be sworn in by the former president. De Blasio worked in Clinton's administration in the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Clinton will use a Bible once owned by another former president, Franklin D. Roosevelt.
The de Blasio transition team says former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton also will attend the New Year's Day ceremony.
De Blasio managed her successful 2000 Senate campaign.
De Blasio is succeeding Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who is leaving office after three terms.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Mortgage Payoff Tactic Eliminates 15 Years of Payments
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- The most delicious and loaded baked potato recipes on TikTok
- Mom’s fudgy lactation brownies are a hit with TikTok: ‘This is going t…
- Mom ‘can’t stop laughing’ when daughter doesn’t know how to use her bi…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!