According to an exclusive report from Popdust, the 21-year-old is secretly suffering from the autoimmune disease and has been for over two years. Last week Gomez announced that she was taking time off to spend time alone, canceling the last leg of her tour.
Sources close to the singer told Popdust that Gomez has had many flare-ups recently, leading to joint pain, headaches, fatigue and swelling.
"Selena has been going full throttle the past few years and her Lupus is really catching up with her right now," a source told Popdust. "She knows that she needs to take some time to address the disease and look after herself better if she wants to live a full and healthy life."
The Huffington Post reached out to the star's rep, but replied "no comment" when asked about the rumors.
Check out more celebrities battling Lupus below.
- Do This Before Your Next Mortgage Payment (it's genius)
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate now
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.04% APR (15 yr)
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Save on La Mer, Jo Malone and more luxury beauty brands during the …
- New dads vs. experienced dads — hilarious TikTok couple show the diffe…
- 5 jeans under $60 to get from Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tr…
- Key 30-year mortgage rate stays low, refinancing window still open
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money