According to an exclusive report from Popdust, the 21-year-old is secretly suffering from the autoimmune disease and has been for over two years. Last week Gomez announced that she was taking time off to spend time alone, canceling the last leg of her tour.
Sources close to the singer told Popdust that Gomez has had many flare-ups recently, leading to joint pain, headaches, fatigue and swelling.
"Selena has been going full throttle the past few years and her Lupus is really catching up with her right now," a source told Popdust. "She knows that she needs to take some time to address the disease and look after herself better if she wants to live a full and healthy life."
The Huffington Post reached out to the star's rep, but replied "no comment" when asked about the rumors.
Check out more celebrities battling Lupus below.
- Borrow From Your Home, Not The Bank ($25k for $168/month)
- Need Cash For The Holidays? How To Unlock Your Home's Equity
- $50k HE Loan in this Economy? 5.49% APR ($284/mo)
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Server says she was accused of ruining a woman’s pregnancy announce…
- 9 fun gifts for your boyfriend under $100 that are not just leather wa…
- Mom-to-be is ‘horrified’ when mother-in-law gets her own private baby …
- Latest mortgage news: Rates inch down again, stay below 7%
- Latest HELOC news: Rates flirt with 8%
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Harry And Meghan May Return To The Crown Under One Condition
- Amazon Employees Revealed The Truth About Working In The Warehouse
- What The Cast Of A Christmas Story Looks Like Now