'Good Morning America' highlighted a seemingly normal family that led an unbelievable double life as serial bank robbers. Ronald Catt (who goes by Scott) and his children Hayden, 20, and Abby,18, went from the suburbs of Oregon to living in prison.
When Scott's wife lost her battle with breast cancer, the family was plunged into a state of hopeless despair. As money got tight, Scott turned to alcohol. Then, he reportedly got Hayden and Abby into the 'family business' of bank robbing.
Looking back on it, Abby and Hayden can't believe they got caught up in the illegal scheme. 'In some way, I was led on, like, 'this is how I protect them,'' Abby says. When asked about father's shocking decision, Abby defends him, comparing him to Walter White from 'Breaking Bad.'
'Walter thought he was breaking the law for the good of his family, that he'd never be caught. But something bad, something evil starts setting in, and it changes who you are,' she explains.
Police eventually caught up with the family, and they are now suspected of pulling off several bank robberies while disguised as blue-collar workers in Texas and their home state of Oregon.
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- This baby’s reaction to bath time gets cuter and cuter
- Those viral ‘peel and reveal’ lip stains are on sale today on Amazon
- ‘Now that our kid isn’t a baby anymore, my wife and I can’t agree on b…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!