Assassin's Creed IV Email Hints At Future Game Locations
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag may only have been out for a couple of days, but intrepid gamers have already done a whole load of digging into it and discovered some hidden secrets that hint at where the series might go next.
There are some mild spoilers to follow, so if you haven't played the game to your heart's content yet, don't read on.
In the modern day section of the game, where you're messing with your fellow Abstergo employees' emails, you may stumble across one discussing the current capabilities of Desmond - you - and whether he has enough family memories to sustain further digital products - referencing the Assassin's Creed franchise.
In the email, there are several potential future locations listed, they are:
• Holy Land/Crusades - twelfth century
• Egypt and Northern Africa - thirteenth century
• Ashikaga Shogunate in Japan - fourteenth century
• Italian Renaissance - fifteenth century
• Ottoman Empire - fifteenth century
• American Colonies / War of Independence - eighteenth century
• French Revolution - eighteenth century
• Napoleonic wars; Taiwan - nineteenth century
• New England and American Midwest - nineteenth century
• "Summer of Love" American Pacific Coast - twentieth century
Some of these have been covered in previous Assassin's Creed games, or have been hinted at in relation to the lives of relatives of protagonists. Some of them also seem unlikely to be used - the Summer of Love for example - since they might involve vehicles, which Ubisoft itself has said it doesn't want to bring into the series.
Which of those locations do you guys like the sound of the most? I'd quite like to see one of Desmond's ancestors facing off against some Samurai, to see who really is the best with a blade.