Fright Heights Cheats And Tips
We were very impressed with Fright Heights when we reviewed the game earlier today, and we think anyone interested in a meaty puzzle challenge should definitely check it out.
It's a complicated game to get a feel for in the early days though, so we've put together some essential tips to help you on your way.
- Your instinct will be to solve each floor one by one, starting at the one nearest the bottom, but you should avoid this. Start by solving the uppermost floor on the screen, then working your way downwards. That way you won't find yourself stuck to complete a level with the blocks you have left over.
- Got a long line of spooky blocks coming up that you don't need? Pepper them around floors that have already been set up nicely. That way you'll not only get access to hotel guests sooner, you'll also increase the spookiness of each floor, and get a much higher score when it's cleared.
- Whenever you place a ghoulish block in the game, try to get the maximum benefit that you can from its placement - make sure you get use out of every edge, in other words. This is where spreading out your hotel guests really helps, as you increase your chance of spreading the spook's influence!
- When placing a guest in Fright Heights, try to avoid placing them against a wall. If you put them next to the sides, they'll never get the benefit of a monster's spookiness from that side. Every little bit of fear helps, particularly in the later levels of the game.
- There are three different Talisman's you can make use of in Fright Heights. Here's the low-down on each one:
This Talisman might be the most basic of the three, but it can still save you from failure. Activating Soul Swap will turn the next guest into an extra-scary monster - very useful when you need an additional boost of fear to finish off a level.
This ridiculously powerful Talisman will double the power of every single spook in your line-up. It's a little bit over-powered if you ask us, but it can certainly dig you out of a hole!
This terrifying Talisman creates a monster that will clear out an entire floor. Useful if you've made it to the top of the tower but can't quite finish off the final floor.