Texas.gov Celebrates an Award-Winning Year
Texas.gov Celebrates an Award-Winning Year
Website, Online Services, and Advertising Campaign Garner Numerous Honors
AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- For the first time in its history, Texas.gov, the official website of the State of Texas, has received twelve industry awards in a single year. This impressive accomplishment demonstrates the State's dedication to providing the best possible online experience for Texas citizens. This year's awards include:
- The Center for Digital Government selected Texas.gov as a finalist in the prestigious Best of Web award competition following the launch of a new, responsively designed website earlier this year.
- Texas.gov was recognized by the Interactive Media Awards™ with a Best in Class Award, an achievement only a fraction of websites in the IMA competition receive every year.
- The Web Marketing Association awarded Texas.gov with an Outstanding WebAward based on the site's design, innovation, content, technology, and ease of use.
- The Driver License Renewal & Change of Address application, one of more than 1,000 government services available on Texas.gov, received a CommunicatorSilver Award of Distinction from the International Academy of Visual Arts (IAVA), which honors excellence in marketing and communications.
Karen Robinson, CIO for the State of Texas and Executive Director of the Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR), said, "As evidenced by the 12 awards distributed this past year, Texas.gov provides valuable shared services for state agencies and offers citizens and businesses a convenient and secure way to conduct business with their government."
In addition to accolades for the website, the Texas.gov 2012 advertising campaign was recognized by numerous industry leaders:
- The Texas.gov television commercials - "Hector" and "The Hendersons" - reminded viewers to renew their vehicle registration and driver license online. These commercials were recognized by the Austin Chapter of the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) with Bronze Quill Awards. One judge stated "Love both TV spots. Inventive and completely relatable to just about anyone who drives or owns a car in Texas. Very creative." The IABC awarded Texas.gov for its 2012 advertising and marketing campaigns as well.
- The Web Marketing Association recognized Texas.gov with an Internet Advertising Competition Award for Best Government Rich Media Online Campaign.
- Texas.gov received a Communicator Silver Award of Distinction from the IAVA for the business-to-consumer integrated advertising campaign.
- The American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators (AAMVA) also recognized Texas.gov with PACE Awards for its TV commercials.
Texas.gov is the official website of the state of Texas (www.texas.gov) and is a collaborative public/private partnership managed by the Department of Information Resources (DIR). Texas.gov helps state and local government entities Web-enable their services and operates without tax funds through a partnership between the state and Texas NICUSA, LLC. Texas NICUSA builds, operates, maintains, and markets Texas.gov and is part of eGovernment firm NIC's (NAS: EGOV) family of companies. Since its launch in 2000, Texas.gov has securely processed more than 201 million financial transactions and collected more than $30 billion on behalf of participating entities.
NIC Inc. (NAS: EGOV) is the nation's leading provider of official government websites, online services, and secure payment processing solutions. The company's innovative eGovernment services help reduce costs and increase efficiencies for government agencies, citizens, and businesses across the country. Our popular self-funded solution allows government to put in-demand services online without using taxpayer funds. The NIC family of companies currently provides cost-effective eGovernment solutions for more than 3,500 federal, state, and local agencies in the United States. Additional information is available at www.egov.com.
Jennifer Buaas, 512-463-3602
KEYWORDS: United States North America Texas
The article Texas.gov Celebrates an Award-Winning Year originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.