New ACE Podcast Series: How Commercial Business & Property Owners Can Best Prepare for Hurricanes
New ACE Podcast Series:How Commercial Business & Property Owners Can Best Prepare for Hurricanes
PHILADELPHIA--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- The ACE Group today announced the launch of its hurricane podcast series. The six new audio podcasts provide commercial property and business owners with important information to consider when preparing for a hurricane, and guidance for what to do after a storm hits. To access the podcast series, please click here.
Hurricanes can be extremely destructive -- the combination of storm surge, high winds and heavy rain poses serious threats, including property damage, disruption of business operations, and personal injuries and loss of life. ACE's hurricane podcast series stresses the need for pre-planning and preparation. As part of proactive planning, the series also provides specific strategies that businesses can employ to prepare for hurricanes, both in advance of the hurricane season, and once a storm has been named and a projected path forecasted.
"Property owners can reduce their risks by being proactive -- conducting risk and vulnerability reviews regularly, and by implementing a risk reduction program before the storm season starts," said Derek Talbott, Division President, North America Property & Specialty Lines, ACE Group. "It's critically important to identify and secure resources in advance. Property owners should pre-qualify and pre-commit as many resources, contractors and local support agencies as possible."
Additionally, the ACE podcast series presents proven risk management strategies for construction industry professionals, marina and yacht owners, and environmental risk managers. Property owners should work with an insurance broker to secure appropriate coverages to provide protection in the event of hurricane damage. In addition, they should employ the services of an experienced team of consultants to help them mitigate their risk potential and establish appropriate contingency plans.
Frank Westfall, Vice President, ESIS, Inc. Health Safety and Environmental Services commented, "As the season for weather related events is upon us, it's important to raise awareness of the potential environmental risks businesses face. At ESIS, we work with property owners to develop structured contingency and communications plans. By taking these measures in advance of an actual event, all parties know what to do to secure their sites and reduce the risks of pollution or contamination. This helps ensure the health and safety of workers and the community at large, and also keeps projects on time and on budget."
The ACE Hurricane Podcast series features contributions from several ACE and ESIS, Inc. product executives including:
- ACE Podcast 1 of 6: Preparing for a Loss - Robert Runyon, Senior Claims Officer, Property and Commercial Marine at ACE North America Claims
- ACE Podcast 2 of 6:Action Plan for Marinas & Yacht Clubs - Karen Griswold, Senior Vice President, Commercial Marine, ACE USA Property & Specialty, and Kim Finlay, Vice President, Marine Facilities Group, ACE USA Property & Specialty
- ACE Podcast 3 of 6: Knowing—and Addressing—Your Risks-Derek Talbott, Division President North America Property & Specialty Lines, ACE Group, and Jeremiah Konz, Senior Vice President Specialty Catastrophe Unit, ACE Property & Specialty
- ACE Podcast 4 of 6: Construction Risk: How Vulnerable is Your Company? Insurance Preparation for Seasonal Weather Events - Gerry Rojewski, Vice President and North America Product Line Manager, ACE Environmental Risk and Frank Westfall, Vice President, ESIS Health, Safety, and Environmental Services
- ACE Podcast 5 of 6: Preparing for Environmental Risks Before a Hurricane Strikes - Steve Piatkowski, Vice President of ACE Environmental Risk and Frank Westfall, Vice President, ESIS Health, Safety, and Environmental Services
- ACE Podcast 6 of 6: Picking up the pieces after a Hurricane- Joyce Van Ravenswaay, Senior Vice President, Direct Marketing and Joe Guear, Manager, Direct Marketing, ACE Commercial Risk Services
The material presented in the ACE podcasts is not intended to provide legal or other expert advice. It is presented as informational only. Listeners should consult legal counsel or other experts, as applicable, with any specific questions they may have.
ESIS®, Inc. (ESIS) is part of the ACE Group, providing claim and risk management services to a wide variety of commercial clients. Insurance is provided by insurers within the ACE Group. The product information contained herein is a summary only. The services of ESIS Health, Safety, and Environmental Services (ESIS HSE) may be sold directly to ESIS' clients or may be provided as part of insurance underwriting. Risk control activities conducted on behalf of the insurer are not intended as a direct benefit or service to ACE insureds. Additional information can be found at www.esis.com.
The ACE Group is one of the world's largest multiline property and casualty insurers. With operations in 53 countries, ACE provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident supplemental health insurance, reinsurance, and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. ACE Limited, the parent company of the ACE Group, is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYS: ACE) and is a component of the S&P 500 index. Additional information can be found at: www.acegroup.com
ACE North America Communications
Carla Ferrara, 215-640-4744
KEYWORDS: United States North America New York Pennsylvania
The article New ACE Podcast Series: How Commercial Business & Property Owners Can Best Prepare for Hurricanes originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.