Veeam Announces Q2 2013 Results, Produces Strongest Quarter in Company History with 100 Percent Year
Veeam Announces Q2 2013 Results, Produces Strongest Quarter in Company History with 100 Percent Year-Over-Year Growth
Former Salesforce.com VP of Marketing Joins Veeam as CMO;
Insight Venture Partners Becomes Minority Shareholder
BAAR, Switzerland--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Veeam Software:
Click to Tweet: @Veeam Announces Q2 2013 Results, Produces Strongest Quarter in Company History
Veeam® Software, innovative provider of backup, replication and virtualization management solutions for VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V, today announced record results for the second quarter of 2013 (Q2 13), continuing its history of accelerated growth of sales, partners and employees based on its Modern Data Protection™ solutions. Total bookings revenue increased 100 percent in Q2 13 compared to the same period in 2012, and new license bookings revenue grew 96 percent over the same period. Veeam is also reporting 299 percent growth in Veeam Backup & Replication™ for Microsoft Hyper-V business in the second quarter of 2013 compared to the same period in 2012.
"The anticipation of the new Veeam Backup & Replication v7 combined with the acceleration of our backup and replication for Hyper-V businesshas produced the best quarter in Veeam's six year history," said Ratmir Timashev, CEO of Veeam. "The combined growth of our customers, partners and employees has made the addition of Peter Ruchatz as chief marketing officer a much needed appointment. His proven record in developing successful global technology product marketing and branding programs that scale will be an invaluable asset as we continue to gain worldwide market share in modern data protection."
Ruchatz joins Veeam from Salesforce.com where he was vice president marketing, EMEA central region. Previously, he spent seven years at Microsoftin field and product-marketing roles, first as business group lead in Germany, followed by five years spearheading business applications marketing for North America, then as global product-marketing lead over go-to-market programs, compete and pricing. Earlier in his career, Ruchatz spent five years at The Boston Consulting group leading strategy and operational efficiency programs for clients in the technology sector.
Veeam also announced Insight Venture Partners as a new strategic business partner, and as part of this relationship, Insight acquired a minority share. As one of the most respected VC and private equity firms in the systems management, virtualization and security industries, Insight will use its expertise to guide Veeam in identifying and exploiting new growth opportunities in the next several years. As part of the agreement, Insight Managing Director, Michael Triplett, will join Veeam's Board of Directors. Triplett has been instrumental in investments in more than 20 fast growth companies.
"Veeam's growth trajectory really garnered our attention," said Triplett. "Our successful history of working with Timashev and his team at Aelita makes this an exciting business partnership. We're looking forward to helping Veeam scale and expand globally to achieve prominent goals in both market share and revenue."
Veeam received a number of prestigious industry honors during Q2 13, including the following:
- Positioned by Gartner, Inc. in the "Visionaries" quadrant of the Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Backup/Recovery Software.
- Named Best of TechEd 2013 in the Backup and Recovery category. The Best of TechEd awards, co-sponsored by Microsoft and Windows IT Pro, recognize Microsoft partners that offer innovative products and services for the industry.
- HP AllianceOne Partner of the Year Award for Converged Storage at HP Discover in Las Vegas.
- Silver in the 2013 "Rising Star" Award at the European GTDC Summit in Barcelona. The Global Technology Distribution Council represents all the leading IT distributors from all over the world.
Additional highlights of Q2 13 include:
- Countdown toVeeam Backup & Replication v7: Veeam unveiled a new version of its award-winning flagship software, available later this summer. The release introduces two disruptive innovations - Built-in WAN Acceleration and Backup from Storage Snapshots - as well as seven market-changing features and 50 other new enhancements.
- Customer Growth: Added over 9,300 new customers, totaling over 73,000 current paid customers.
- New Partner Margins & Growth: Increased incentives in its North American ProPartner Program, providing even more margin when Veeam is sold alongside approved VMware and Microsoft products, while growing its worldwide partner base to more than 19,000.
- New Patents: Veeam was awarded two U.S. Patents for key capabilities in Veeam Backup & Replication for Instant VM Recovery and support for unique capabilities such as SureBackup®, Universal Application Item Recovery (U-AIR®), and On-Demand Sandbox. The underlying technology for these patents and capabilities is Veeam's innovative vPower® technology.
- Expansion and Growth ofVeeam Cloud Provider Program (VCP): The VCP program has been expanded with the addition of Veeam Backup Management Suite™. The program offers flexible monthly rental and perpetual licensing to meet the needs of hosting, managed service and cloud providers. The VCP program has grown to more than 3,000 participants worldwide, with monthly rental by the virtual machine (VM) available in more than 70 countries from more than 50 Veeam rental resellers, and perpetual licenses now available from thousands of Veeam resellers.
About Veeam Software
Veeam® is Modern Data Protection™ - providing powerful, easy-to-use and affordable solutions that are Built for Virtualization™ and the Cloud. Veeam Backup & Replication™ delivers VMware backup, Hyper-V backup, recovery and replication. This #1 VM Backup™ solution helps organizations meet RPOs and RTOs, save time, eliminate risks and dramatically reduce capital and operational costs. Veeam Backup Management Suite™ combines Veeam Backup & Replication and Veeam ONE™ into a single integrated solution to protect virtualization investments, increase administrator productivity and help mitigate daily management risks. Veeam Management Pack™ (MP) extends enterprise monitoring to VMware through Microsoft System Center. Veeam also provides free tools for the virtualization community.
Founded in 2006, Veeam is privately-owned and has been profitable since 2009. Veeam currently has over 19,000 ProPartners and 73,000 customers worldwide. Veeam's global headquarters are located in Baar, Switzerland and has offices throughout the world. To learn more, visit http://www.veeam.com.
Davies Murphy Group
Jeff Miller, +1 541-207-3461
KEYWORDS: United States Europe North America Ohio Switzerland
The article Veeam Announces Q2 2013 Results, Produces Strongest Quarter in Company History with 100 Percent Year-Over-Year Growth originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.