MoSys Announces Extended Reach 100G Full-Duplex Quad Retimer for High-Performance, High-Density Netw
MoSys Announces Extended Reach 100G Full-Duplex Quad Retimer for High-Performance, High-Density Networking and Communications Line Cards and Optics Modules
LineSpeed™ 100G Quad Retimer Supports IEEE and OIF Standards Used in Carrier, Enterprise Networks and Data Center Applications
SANTA CLARA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- MoSys (NAS: MOSY) , a leader in semiconductor solutions that enable fast, intelligent data access for network and communications systems, today announced a new LineSpeed™ 100G Quad Retimer integrated circuit (IC) for next-generation networking and communications systems. The quad 25G full-duplex retimer device leverages MoSys' high-speed, silicon-proven CMOS PHY technology to enable industry-leading performance for line cards, backplanes, copper cables and optics modules requiring high density 100G capacity.
The LineSpeed MSH210 PHY is a 100G device, which incorporates an eight lane eye opener, equalizer, clock and data recovery (CDR) and retransmitter to support simultaneous full duplex 100G operation utilizing four lanes of 25 Gigabits per second (Gbps) data transmission. Data can be input and output on all channels simultaneously, with each lane operating at a data rate up to 28 Gbps. The MSH210 retimer device supports IEEE802.3ba 100G Ethernet and OIF-CEI-3.0 25/28G specifications.
- Retimer functionality supports both receive and transmit functions for full duplex 4x25-28 operation
- Support for 100G IEEE and OIF standards
- Strong self-adaptive equalizer with multi-tap DFE and programmable transmit equalization target extended reach up to OIF CEI LR reach for line card, module, copper cable and backplane applications
- Reverse polarity control for inputs and outputs
- Self test capabilities, such as on-chip PRBS generator, bit error rate tester, eye opening and eye monitoring
- Built using low-power standard CMOS technology
"Next-generation networking equipment, ranging from routers and switches to security, load-balancing and monitoring appliances, requires throughput of 100s of Gigabits of aggregate bandwidth. To enable this increasing performance while meeting space and power budgets, the base PHY data rate used for interconnect is transitioning from 10Gbps to 25Gbps," stated John Monson, VP of Marketing at MoSys. "MoSys' 100G Quad Retimer supports this transition by providing an integrated CMOS device with extended reach capabilities to ensure robust data transmission of 25Gbps signals and 100G protocols in datapath applications."
MoSys' MSH210 LineSpeed 100G Quad Retimer product is offered in a 13x13 BGA package. For information about pricing and availability, contact a local MoSys sales representative at http://www.mosys.com/contact.php.
This press release may contain forward-looking statements about the Company, including, without limitation, anticipated benefits and performance expected from our IC products and the Company's future markets and future business prospects. Forward-looking statements are based on certain assumptions and expectations of future events that are subject to risks and uncertainties. Actual results and trends may differ materially from historical results or those projected in any such forward-looking statements depending on a variety of factors. These factors include, but are not limited, to the following:
- achieving additional design wins for our ICs;
- commencing volume shipments of our ICs;
- our ability to enhance our existing proprietary technologies and develop new technologies;
- achieving necessary acceptance of our IC architecture and interface protocols by potential customers and their suppliers;
- difficulties and delays in the development, production, testing and marketing of our ICs;
- reliance on our manufacturing partners to assist successfully with the fabrication of our ICs;
- availability of quantities of ICs supplied by our manufacturing partners at a competitive cost;
- our lack of recent experience as a fabless semiconductor company making and selling proprietary ICs;
- level of intellectual property protection provided by our patents, the expenses and other consequences of litigation, including intellectual property infringement litigation, to which we may be or may become a party from time to time;
- vigor and growth of markets served by our customers and our operations;
and other risks identified in the Company's most recent reports on Form 10-Q and Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, as well as other reports that MoSys files from time to time with the Securities and Exchange Commission. MoSys undertakes no obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statement for any reason, except as required by law, even as new information becomes available or other events occur in the future.
About MoSys, Inc.
MoSys, Inc. (NAS: MOSY) is an IP-rich fabless semiconductor company that provides high performance solutions for fast, intelligent data access in network and communications systems. Engineered and built for high-reliability carrier and enterprise applications, MoSys' products are breaking bandwidth barriers™ in data processing to allow for faster packet access and analysis, expanded user capacity and new capabilities required by the expanding global infrastructure. MoSys' Bandwidth Engine® family of ICs combines the company's patented 1T-SRAM® high-density, embedded memory and high-speed, 15 Gigabits per second serial interface with its intelligent access technology and a highly efficient GigaChip™ Interface transport protocol to eliminate bottlenecks in high-speed data access. MoSys is headquartered in Santa Clara, California, and more information is available at http://www.mosys.com.
MoSys, 1T-SRAM and Bandwidth Engine are registered trademarks of MoSys, Inc. in the US and/or other countries. Breaking Bandwidth Barriers, GigaChip, LineSpeed and the MoSys logo are trademarks of MoSys, Inc. All other marks mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.
KEYWORDS: United States North America California
The article MoSys Announces Extended Reach 100G Full-Duplex Quad Retimer for High-Performance, High-Density Networking and Communications Line Cards and Optics Modules originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.