Tyler Technologies Announces Winners of the 2013 Tyler Public Sector Excellence Awards for ERP and S
Tyler Technologies Announces Winners of the 2013 Tyler Public Sector Excellence Awards for ERP and School Solutions
Municipalities, agencies and school districts recognized at Tyler Connect 2013 for excellence in using Tyler's ERP and School solutions
DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Tyler Technologies, Inc. (NYS: TYL) today announced the recipients of its 2013 Tyler Public Sector Excellence Awards for its Munis® and Eden enterprise resource planning (ERP) solutions, as well as its Versatrans® school transportation solution and Tyler SIS school solution.
Richard E. Peterson Jr., president of Tyler's ERP & School Division, presents a Tyler Public Sector Excellence Award to Texas' Irving Independent School District. (Photo: Business Wire)
Tyler's Munis, Eden, Versatrans and Tyler SIS 2013 Excellence Award winners are:
- The city of Hartford, Conn., for its use of increased purchasing options in Munis, which generated hard- and soft-cost savings.
- Irving Independent School District in Irving, Texas, for improving its purchasing process with Munis while reducing paper waste and overhead costs.
- Tulsa Public Schools in Oklahoma for enhancing efficiencies by generating transportation entries and invoices through Munis and Versatrans.
- Spring Branch Independent School District in Houston for automating billing and collection of tuition for their pre-kindergarten students with Munis.
- Town of Palm Beach, Fla., for improving its benefits-enrollment process with Eden.
- Otay Water District in Spring Valley, Calif., for realizing cost savings after implementing Eden on an enterprise level.
- New Caney Independent School District, in New Caney, Texas, for its use of Versatrans to simplify its transportation management process and cut unnecessary routes.
- The Metropolitan School District (MSD) of Warren Township in Indianapolis for using Tyler SIS to streamline its master scheduling and data entry processes.
Award submissions were evaluated by a panel of Tyler leadership. Entries were judged on business value, maturity, innovation and relevance to other public sector organizations. Additional criteria met by award winners include:
- Creating a unique process that utilizes a Tyler application
- Realizing significant savings after implementing a Tyler product
- Increasing staff productivity by implementing a Tyler product
- Empowering employees, citizens or vendors
"Tyler's Public Sector Excellence Awards program is our chance to publicly recognize clients who embrace our technology and expertise to meet their needs while creating value for taxpayers by improving operating and financial performance," said Richard E. Peterson Jr., president of Tyler's ERP & School Division. "Feedback from our most innovative clients further enhances the power of Tyler product suites, and we're proud to offer a forum like Tyler Connect where our clients can share real-world successes with their peers. Congratulations to all the winners of Tyler's Excellence Awards."
All eight Tyler Excellence Award winners were honored Monday, April 29, at the Tyler Connect 2013 user conference in Boston where they were presented with the award and given the opportunity to share their best practices and lessons learned with their public sector peers. Winners were also offered an expense paid trip for one to the conference.
About Tyler Technologies, Inc.
Tyler Technologies (NYS: TYL) is a leading provider of end-to-end information management solutions and services for local governments. Tyler partners with clients to empower the public sector — cities, counties, schools and other government entities — to become more efficient, more accessible and more responsive to the needs of citizens. Tyler's client base includes more than 11,000 local government offices in all 50 states, Canada, the Caribbean and the United Kingdom. Forbes has named Tyler one of "America's Best Small Companies" five times in the last six years. More information about Dallas-based Tyler Technologies can be found at www.tylertech.com.
Jetstream PR for Tyler Technologies
Tony Katsulos, 972-788-9456, ext. 301
KEYWORDS: United States North America Texas
The article Tyler Technologies Announces Winners of the 2013 Tyler Public Sector Excellence Awards for ERP and School Solutions originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.