ServiceNow Transforms Cloud Provisioning
ServiceNow Transforms Cloud Provisioning
Public and Private Clouds Now Provisioned in Minutes
LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- ServiceNow® (NYS: NOW) , the enterprise IT cloud company, today announced ServiceNow Cloud Provisioning, a new orchestration application that enables IT to automate the entire cloud management lifecycle. From self-service cloud selection to automated, standardized cloud creation and resource optimization, ServiceNow Cloud Provisioning speeds the deployment of cloud environments from weeks or months to just minutes. Without special training or manual intervention, cloud administration is transformed from day-to-day IT management overhead to an automated business self-service—all within parameters determined by IT.
Benefits of the ServiceNow Cloud Provisioning Application
- Automated provisioning of cloud services. Together with the ServiceNow IT Service Automation Application Suite, Cloud Provisioning optimizes the management of heterogeneous cloud environments within a single, integrated system of record. Business users can now request cloud infrastructure through an intuitive self-service interface using the ServiceNow Service Catalog. Cloud Provisioning orchestrates a fully automated process to provision clouds based on Amazon EC2 or VMware in minutes. ServiceNow Change Management then allows the definition and enforcement of change policies for full change control.
- Eliminate VM sprawl. Through lifecycle automation, resources can be leased and include retirement provisions or scheduled reviews to determine necessity, thereby eliminating the common problem of virtual machine sprawl and optimizing utilization of virtual infrastructure.
- Visibility to cloud operations. The cloud operations portal provides a consolidated view of virtual asset status, the state of resource requests and provisioning exceptions.
"While cloud computing brings efficiency and agility to the enterprise, companies are using old means of management, resulting in tremendous waste of resources and slow responsiveness to cloud provisioning needs," said Matt Schvimmer, vice president of product management, ServiceNow. "With ServiceNow Cloud Provisioning, IT can now effectively manage heterogeneous cloud environments through zero-touch automation thus accelerating business transformation."
"IT organizations that implement extensive automation and orchestration technologies can significantly improve operational productivity and end-to-end service levels," said Mary Johnson Turner, research vice president, Enterprise Systems Management Software, IDC. "A consistent user interface that is tightly integrated with the cloud provisioning workflow automation engine is a critical enabler in helping IT to improve business performance across the enterprise."
This week at Knowledge13™, the largest gathering of IT professionals using cloud services for enterprise IT service automation, ServiceNow is offering sessions, labs and demos dedicated to ServiceNow Cloud Provisioning and orchestration applications. In addition, ServiceNow expects to provision approximately 16,000 ServiceNow instances at the event using ServiceNow Orchestration.
The ServiceNow Cloud Provisioning application is available today. For more information, please go to http://www.servicenow.com/cloud-provisioning.do.
- Online: Go to http://bit.ly/knowledge13 for continuous ServiceNow updates from Knowledge13
- Newsroom: Access ServiceNow press releases and other media resources
- Social Media: Like ServiceNow on Facebook, follow @ServiceNow on Twitter and join the conversations using #Know13
- Community: Network with other ServiceNow users at community.servicenow.com
ServiceNow is the enterprise IT cloud company. We focus on transforming enterprise IT by automating and standardizing business processes and consolidating IT across the global enterprise. Organizations deploy our service to create a single system of record for enterprise IT, lower operational costs and enhance efficiency. Additionally, our customers use our extensible platform to build custom applications for automating activities unique to their business requirements. For more information, visit www.servicenow.com.
ServiceNow and the ServiceNow logo are registered trademarks of ServiceNow. Knowledge is a trademark of ServiceNow. All other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
KEYWORDS: United States North America California Nevada
The article ServiceNow Transforms Cloud Provisioning originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.