KCS Holds Annual Meeting of Stockholders, Elects Three Directors and Announces Preferred and Common
KCS Holds Annual Meeting of Stockholders, Elects Three Directors and Announces Preferred and Common Dividends
KANSAS CITY, Mo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Kansas City Southern (KCS) (NYS: KSU) held its Annual Meeting of Stockholders on May 2, 2013 in Kansas City, Missouri. With over 92% of KCS' outstanding common and preferred stock represented in person or by proxy at the Annual Meeting, the stockholders:
- elected Terrence P. Dunn, Antonio O. Garza, Jr. and David L. Starling to serve on the KCS Board of Directors until the Annual Meeting of Stockholders in 2016;
- ratified the Audit Committee's selection of KPMG LLP as KCS' independent registered public accounting firm for the year ending December 31, 2013;
- re-approved the material terms of the performance measures under the KCS 2008 Stock Option and Performance Award Plan for purposes of Section 162(m) of the Internal Revenue Code;
- approved an advisory vote on the 2012 compensation of the KCS named executive officers; and
- approved a stockholder proposal to elect each director annually.
In addition, the Board of Directors declared a regular dividend of $0.25 per share on the outstanding KCS 4% Non-Cumulative Preferred stock. This dividend is payable on July 2, 2013, to stockholders of record at the close of business on June 10, 2013.
The Board of Directors also declared a regular dividend of $0.215 per share on the outstanding KCS common stock. This dividend is payable on July 3, 2013, to stockholders of record at the close of business on June 10, 2013.
Headquartered in Kansas City, Mo., Kansas City Southern is a transportation holding company that has railroad investments in the U.S., Mexico and Panama. Its primary U.S. holding is The Kansas City Southern Railway Company, serving the central and south central U.S. Its international holdings include Kansas City Southern de Mexico, S.A. de C.V., serving northeastern and central Mexico and the port cities of Lázaro Cárdenas, Tampico and Veracruz, and a 50 percent interest in Panama Canal Railway Company, providing ocean-to-ocean freight and passenger service along the Panama Canal. Kansas City Southern's North American rail holdings and strategic alliances are primary components of a NAFTA Railway system, linking the commercial and industrial centers of the U.S., Mexico and Canada.
Kansas City Southern
William H. Galligan, 816-983-1551
KEYWORDS: United States North America Missouri
The article KCS Holds Annual Meeting of Stockholders, Elects Three Directors and Announces Preferred and Common Dividends originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.