Top 10 Best Action MMOs on Steam
Read Full Story
Did you happen to miss the Weekly Loot
this Friday? MMO Attack
is giving away a twenty dollar Steam gift card again, so make sure to leave a comment
to get your hands on some great Steam related products. If you aren't the lucky winner this time around, rest assured there are plenty of costless MMO options to look forward to. Not all of them come free of charge initially, but players can be happy to not have to worry about any paid subscriptions with theseMMO games
MMO Attack already dabbled in the science fiction genre of MMORPGs
. Some people need more than a fascinating story when it comes to gaming though. Luckily, the Steam network offers a variety of action packed titles for the adrenaline junkies out there. We decided to sift through the action filled greatness to bring you ten of the best RPGs
, and MOBAs
that Steam has to offer.
10. Forsaken WorldSteam and free to play games are becoming synonymous these days. The long list of no cost entertainment is endless, but those looking for action should take a look at Forsaken World. The storyline in this title may not be as epic as some of the big name MMO games, but phenomenal graphics and a unique class system sure deliver something special. A slow XP system has drawn complaints about a slow grind when leveling, but the game does boast a random team generator to help you find options as quickly as possible. This MMORPG clearly took pointers from numerous other popular titles out there. It may not be original, but it's a great alternative for steam users who may be exhausting their own list of action MMOs.
9. Realm of the Mad GodAre you so pent up with action filled adrenaline that you need it right from the get go with video games? Realm of the Mad God might be the perfect choice for you. To say this game isn't as detailed as its MMO rivals would be an understatement. Graphics don't make a game exciting though, the action does, and boy does this game have action. It's fast, it's free, and it's fantastic. Sometimes the simplistic nature of a video game goes a long way in overall gameplay. Some players seek games like Realm of the Mad God, where you need to avoid a constant onslaught of enemy projectiles while playing. The lack of variation may make the title get stale faster than you'd hope. Still, when a game is referred to as a bulletstorm MMO, you can be sure it won't be dull.
8. VindictusVindictus is another free to play title from steam. This hack and slash MMORPG gives players a broad range of class abilities and customizable skills for their primary and secondary weapons. Vidictus follows a set schedule of updates because of its episodic nature. Every episode gives players a new story to look forward to. The most recent update introduced players to a cross gun that will help them deal solid damage while keeping a distance. Vindictus was built on the Source Engine, a popular choice for Steam games like Counter-Strike. For an MMO game, players are given impressive control over the way their character battles, which is important when fighting fierce enemies like armed werewolves and giant polar bears. You will also need to stay attentive to your enemies' attacks, sometimes even having to evade a barrage of deadly blasts the entire battle. If you are looking for full control in a fast pace action filled MMO, look no further than Steam.
7. Bloodline ChampionsThis free to play online arena game delivers quick rounds of fierce PvP action. Bloodline Champions is a great choice if you're looking for an online game that rewards you for your skill, rather than just the time you obsess playing it. Choose from a list of bloodlines that each have exclusive weaponry and unique abilities. This game stresses on straight gameplay without the annoyance of random elements of chance. There is also a great element of teamwork because of how certain bloodlines pair up with each other. Intense stat tracking even allows players to review their tactics and help improve their future performance. Vibrant graphics, intense battles, and a growing player base is more than enough to land Bloodline Champions on this action packed list.
6. APB ReloadedThe sequel to this successful action MMOFPS was just announced last month. With all the buzz surrounding a future release, now is a great time to check out this free to play gem on Steam. The APB series was brought to life by Grant Theft Auto creator, and was supposed to bring the sandbox greatness of the GTA series to a stable online community. APB Reloaded may not have turned out to be success it aspired to become, but there are gamers playing on Steam right now that would tell any action junkie to give it a try. The game is about to undergo its eleventh update since launch, this time adding more weapons and changing the ranking system to reflect on individual performance better. Players can choose to be on either side of extreme police chases, upgrade vehicles and equipment, and even areas know as "fight clubs" for intense PvP showdowns. Newcomers should be careful though. This action filled MMO doesn't mess around.