Pet Rescue Saga walkthrough, cheats and tips
Pet Rescue Saga is an action puzzle game created by King.com. Make your way through a variety of levels in this match-3 style adventure as you rescue pets from the malicious animal catchers! Gamezebo's quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your bestgame.Read Full Story
- Pet Rescue Saga is free to play. Click on the "Play Now" button at the top of this page to play!
- When starting up the game for the first time, you may need to approve certain permissions before you can play.
- It's important to affiliate yourself with the screen layout, and what the various elements mean.
- Coins- This is the game's currency. You can earn Coins by completing puzzles and use them to purchase power-ups.
- Life- You'll start with a maximum of 5 lives, represented by a number within a heart. Every time you successfully complete a puzzle, no life will be deducted. However, everytime you fail a puzzle, one life will be deducted. When you're down to 0, you will no longer be able to play until your lives recharge. It takes about half an hour for a life to charge. As soon as you're lower than 5, it will automatically start the countdown to recharge.
- Options- From here you can access game options. You can also choose to quit a puzzle early from here, though you will lose one life for doing so.
- % Complete- This meter is shown at the side of every puzzle and shows how close you are to 100% block completion.
- Score- Your current score is shown at the bottom of the screen. There is also a meter here with lines and stars, which show you how high your score needs to be to obtain a higher star rank.
- When you complete a stage, you will be taken to the Map.
- From the Map, you can select the level you'd like to play. Levels that can be selected with have a colored patch and a number visible. Levels that cannot yet be accessed will appear to be plain. When you've completed a level, a certain number of stars will then appear over that space, displaying your score rank. When you'd like to play a level, simply click on that space.
- Rank- This is your simplified score. You need to achieve at least one star to complete a level. Three stars means you've gotten 100% block completion on that level. This is the highest rank.
How to Play
- The initial puzzle gameplay of Pet Rescue Saga is very simple. Click on any pair or more of colored blocks to remove them from the puzzle board.
- Goals can vary per level. Some goals will require you eliminate a certain percentage of the blocks on the board, some will require you obtain a certain score or higher, and some will require you to save a minimum number of animals. Some levels have more than one goal.
- Other levels have a maximum number of moves you can use to complete the puzzle. You must be especially strategic with your moves on these. The current number of moves left will be shown at the bottom of the screen.
- As you progress in the game, some stages will have a Column Blaster Rocket. This is a special item shown in the lower right corner of the screen. As you match blocks, the rocket will power up. Once ready, the fuse will light, and you'll be able to hear it. Click on the rocket, then click on the column you would like to blast. Do this to remove all the blocks in that column.
- As you progress, you will also unlock other power-ups, such as the Block Buster. This will display when you start a level, and is visible in the lower right corner as you play. To use it, click on the it, then click on the normal or multiplier block you would like to use it on. The Block Buster will remove a single block from the board. When you run out of power-ups, you can purchase more with Coins via the Map or the puzzle screen.
- When saving animals, the goal is to drop them to the bottom of the screen so that there are no more blocks beneath them. When this happens, the animal will be able to walk off the puzzle board, and thus be saved. Blocks may be stacked on top of an animal's head, or other animals, without penalty. As long as they touch the bottom of the board, they're safe.