Avid Announces New Creative Tools and Management Solutions for Audio, Video, and Broadcast Productio
Avid Announces New Creative Tools and Management Solutions for Audio, Video, and Broadcast Production at NAB 2013
Company shares"Avid Everywhere," its strategic vision for creating the most fluid end-to-end, distributed media production environment in the industry
LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Avid®
Avid Everywhere recognizes that flexible deployment options, including remote and cloud-based collaboration technology, have become critical to content creators and distributors as they face relentless pressure for operational excellence. Intense cost pressures and content creation complexity are key challenges for media and content professionals in this ever more mobile and social world. Avid Everywhere helps our customers meet these challenges by empowering distributed work teams, multi-platform delivery, and the ability to work in any production environment.
"Over the past 25 years, Avid has built a strong heritage of industry leadership; we're proud of the role we play in empowering our customer community to create the most compelling media in the industry," said Avid president and CEO Louis Hernandez, Jr. "As a critical element of Avid's growth strategy, Avid Everywhere inspires our next phase of innovation around our entire product suite. We look forward to sharing more announcements over the next year."
Specific new and upgraded products announced at NAB include:
Creative Tools—Avid's professional creative tools set the industry standard for the highest quality content creation and production solutions to power the complete professional content creation environment.
- Avid Media Composer®7 — The industry's preeminent nonlinear editing solution is now available starting at $999 USD—bringing unprecedented value to post production editors. The new version features accelerated and simplified file-based workflows including optimized HD delivery from high-res source material and automated media operations. The new release also offers Interplay® Sphere for Mac support, extending real-time production everywhere.
- Avid Pro Tools®11 — Avid's industry-leading digital audio workstation features high-powered audio and video engines, 64-bit architecture, expanded metering, and direct HD video workflows.
- Avid Motion Graphics™2.5 — Avid's next-generation platform of on-air graphics production includes a new dual-channel configuration option and stand-alone playout engine to increase deployment flexibility and speed graphic workflows, to create stunning imagery and get work quicker to air.
- Avid Fast Track®Solo and Duo — Avid's two new portable audio interfaces for composing and recording high-quality audio come equipped with Pro Tools Express software for Mac and PC, and connect directly to the iPad, providing high-quality I/O for any iOS app.
Media Management Solutions—From the largest media enterprises to independent professionals, Avid provides the most open, flexible, and scalable solutions in the industry.
- Avid Interplay Production 3.0 — Avid's latest version of the industry-standard production asset management solution simplifies and speeds file-based workflows for post production and broadcast customers, and offers Interplay Sphere with full Mac support.
- Avid Interplay Pulse — Avid's enhanced multi-platform content distribution solution delivers content to online, mobile, and social platforms everywhere, in the right form and format for each, while featuring integration with Avid's connected newsroom solution set and unified web client.
- Avid AirSpeed®5000 2.5 — Avid's latest-version video server delivers slow motion playback for SD and HD, fast media replay, and continuous record.
Avid creates the digital audio and video technology used to make the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world - from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, music recordings, and television shows, to live concert tours and news broadcasts. Some of Avid's most influential and pioneering solutions include Media Composer, Pro Tools, Interplay, ISIS®, VENUE, Sibelius® and System 5. For more information about Avid solutions and services, visit www.avid.com, connect with Avid on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, SoundCloud; or subscribe to Avid Buzz.
© 2013 Avid Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Avid, the Avid logo, AirSpeed, Fast Track, Interplay, ISIS, Media Composer, Pro Tools and Sibelius are trademarks or registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. The Interplay name is used with the permission of the Interplay Entertainment Corp. which bears no responsibility for Avid products. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Lisa Kilborn, 978-640-3230
KEYWORDS: United States North America Nevada
The article Avid Announces New Creative Tools and Management Solutions for Audio, Video, and Broadcast Production at NAB 2013 originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.